The multi award winning Corinthia Budapest is looking for an ambitious, determined and highly motivated individual who is seeking to embark on a career in hospitality and join its Commercial team. The Meetings and Events Manager is responsible for achieving revenue goals through sales activity targeting companies and individuals who seek to organize meetings, exhibitions, events and weddings at the Hotel’s unrivalled function rooms and its unique Ballroom.
- Analyse citywide demand and opportunities from all markets with a particular focus on the US and the UK markets.
- Closely monitors Budapest and the Hungarian market, including competitors.
- Recognise local opportunities and acts accordingly.
- Use available data and plan sales activities to target potential clients. Such initiatives include organised and cold call sales calls, sales blitzes and regular follow ups with a view to maximize converted business for the hotel.
- Maintain a database of current clients ensuring this is updated at all times. Ensures constant communication with existing partners to ensure the relationship is kept alive.
- Handle all incoming inquiries from potential clients and proactively follow up through face to face meetings, site inspections, and calls.
- Convert requests and subsequent negotiations to signed contracts in line with company strategies and goals.
- Provide timely, complete and accurate information to the hotel operational teams ensuring they become aware of what has been agreed with clients in relation to their even, so they could in-turn provide a seamless and event.
- Work closely together with the Corporate Transient Team.
- Entertain current and potential clients through familiarisation visits at the hotel.
- Be ready to travel to represent the brand and the hotel in international fairs or organized events
- Achieve individual monthly conversion and revenue goals.
- Participate in the hotel Duty Management roster.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Free meals in the staff restaurant
- Financial support for commuting to work or reduced parking fees
- Opportunity to learn and develop
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the hospitality industry sales department
- College or university degree
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Commercial, result driven and able to work under his/her own initiative
- Excellent planning ang organization skills
- Effective time management
- Tapasztalat 1-3 év
- Végzettség Főiskola
- Nyelv Angol